Re: remove arch/sh

> Hi Geert!
>
> On 1/13/23 09:26, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
>> Indeed.  The main issue is not the lack of people sending patches and
>> fixes, but those patches never being applied by the maintainers.
>> Perhaps someone is willing to stand up to take over maintainership?
>
> I actually would be willing to do it but I'm a bit hesitant as I'm not 100%
> sure my skills are sufficient. Maybe if someone can assist me?

My skills aren't sufficient and I dunno how much time I have, but I can
certainly assist. I test sh4 regularlyish and it's in the list of architectures
I ship binaries and tiny VM images for, just refreshed tuesday:

https://landley.net/toybox/downloads/binaries/0.8.9/
https://landley.net/toybox/downloads/binaries/mkroot/0.8.9/

(The sh2eb isn't a VM, it's a physical board I have here...)

There is definitely interest in this architecture. I'm aware Rich hasn't been
the most responsive maintainer. (I'm told he's on vacation with his family at
the moment, according to the text I got about this issue from the J-core
hardware guys in Japan.)

The main reason we haven't converted everything to device tree is we only have
access to test hardware for a subset of the boards. Pruning the list of
supported boards and converting the rest to device tree might make sense. We can
always add/convert boards back later...

Rob

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Renesas SOC]     [Linux Samsung SOC]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]