Re: dvbv5-scan needs which channel file?

Hi David,

Well, the initial scan files need to be supplied for dvbv5-scan somehow.

The initial scan files that are maintained in the the git repo I
posted earlier are updated by users who notice differencies. Basically
I and some other users have created scripts that automatically
generate the files for my country, so it's rather easy. I don't know
how it works for other countries.

Anyway, if you prefer to generate the data yourself you can use w_scan
to generate it in DVBV3 format:
w_scan -ft -c FI -x > ~/initial_v3.conf

Then use the dvb-format-convert tool that comes in the v4l-utils package:
dvb-format-convert -I CHANNEL -O DVBV5 ~/initial_v3.conf ~/initial_data_v5.conf

Then you can run dvbv5-scan with this file:
dvbv5-scan ~/initial_data_v5.conf

Alternatively you can skip the whole conversion phase and run
dvbv5-scan with the DVBV3 initial tuning data:
dvbv5-scan -I CHANNEL ~/initial_v3.conf

Cheers,
-olli