Re: Samsung 840 EVO

>>>>> "Günter" == Günter Waller <g.wal@xxxxxx> writes:

Günter> the second command, however, did not seem to produce anything
Günter> useful.  But beware: this is the old firmware, EXT0BB6Q,

Yes, this confirms that the old firmware did not support queued
TRIM. Whereas the new one does.

I'll try to reach out to my contacts at Samsung again so we can get this
resolved.

Until then, I have sent out a patch that blacklists queued TRIM for all
Samsung 800-series drives. It appears to be generic to their
implementation and not tied to a particular drive model.