Re: Hardware Soundcard - MOTU 624 AVB Working with Gnu/Linux - Debian 8.7

So the story seems to be this: ALSA stream reconfiguration (the sort of thing done by JACK or by an application running on top of ALSA) *while the device is running* will result in random re-arrangement of the input channel mapping. In particular, JACK does this when an xrun happens (also when dynamically changing the buffer size).

What the MOTU web app shows as a routing to "To Computer N" can end up sort of anywhere in the full range of possibilities. Result: it looks as if no signal is flowing through to the CPU, but it is ... just on the wrong channel(s).

Restarting the device at the ALSA level will change it again, and again ... until it is finally fixed.

Tentative diagnostic: ALSA driver bug.