rpm for r8168

On Feb 6, 2008 7:06 AM, Manuel Wolfshant <wolfy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello
>
>     I've just been hit by one of the chipsets described at
> http://wiki.centos.org/HardwareList/RealTekRTL8111b. Because
> a) it does not work with the stock driver included in Centos 5.1 and
> b) I am very lazy and I do not like manually compiling modules each time
> a new kernel is installed (not to mention that I never forget anything,
> except for the important things which always go under the radar unnoticed)
> I ripped the r1000 rpm from rpmforge and created a dkms based rpm for
> the r8168 driver.
>     Since others might find a use for it too, I have uploaded the rpm
> (and it's corresponding source) at
> http://wolfy.fedorapeople.org/dkms-r8168/. I am also thinking of linking
> to it from the above mentioned wiki page. What do you think ?
>

>                 Manuel

That would help users today.  But how about offering it here?

https://projects.centos.org/trac/dasha/

to make it part of CentOS projects?  There is a ticket for r8111:

https://projects.centos.org/trac/dasha/ticket/1

Akemi

[Index of Archives]     [CentOS]     [CentOS Announce]     [CentOS Users]     [CentOS Virtualization]     [Linux Media]     [Asterisk]     [Netdev]     [X.org]     [Xfree86]     [Linux USB]     [Project Hail Cloud Computing]