Libravatar shutting down on 2018-09-01

Hi all,

Libravatar announced this morning they are shutting down their service
on 2018 September 1; this affects applications that use Libravatar, such
as Pagure, Tahrir (Fedora Badges), and possibly others.

https://blog.libravatar.org/posts/Libravatar.org_is_shutting_down_on_2018-09-01/

In their post, they mentioned they do not know of another FOSS image
hosting service like Libravatar. If hosting images ourselves is not
desired, Gravatar is the best viable alternative I know of.

Since the Infrastructure hackathon is next week, I thought this might be
timely to mention, since it affects most Fedora applications that use a
profile picture for contributors.

I will try and file RFEs on Pagure and Tahrir today, but other affected
services don't immediately come to mind. Feel free to file some too if
there are more.

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory