Re: multiple RHEL 6.x updates (CentOS, Scientific Linux, etc) -- updates 6.3 to 6.4

On Fri, 24 May 2013 02:08:16 -0700
mike memmott <mike.memmott@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The most incompetent, irresponsible releases I've seen in +30 years in
> the open source community.
>
> I've generic servers, generic graphics i/o, -- updating to 6.4 from 6.3
> screwed me. Thank god I did not update across my entire production
> environment. I will never trust to your so-called back-end QA again, nor
> any of the downstream providers QA.
>
> What in the heck is going on that you can't caution or otherwise provide
> documentation, support, anything, to mitigate system boot crashes when
> updating to the major changes you've thrown over the wall to the
> enterprise Linux community?
>
> Shame on you. I suggest renaming your community to X86 because that is
> what you've effectively done -- 86'd the common user.
>
> no salutation,
>
> mike

Hi,

Perhaps a reference to any Xorg related CVE would have been helpful to understand the origins of your
frustration as i suspect this may be related to the recent Xlib security issues, but can't confirm without
further details.

Cheers,

Etienne