Cooirdinate transformation matrix does not work properly with evdev and cando touch screen

Hi, I've seen this bug posted already (I commented it on it too), but I figured I might as well ask this here since it doesn't look like the bug report has been touched by anyone in quite a while:
When using my netbook's cando touch screen and trying to use the Cooirdinate Transformation Matrix option, the cursor seems to jump around in a specific pattern (I can't describe it very well, but it's already been described here anyway: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg-server/+bug/774938 ). The Ubuntu development seems to already have made a patch for it, but it doesn't seem like there is any fix for this upstream yet. Is there any chance this patch could be merged upstream so that the fix is no longer specific to Ubuntu?