Re: xrandr confusion over different options that do the same thing

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 10:38:47AM +0800, Kai Hendry wrote:
> Firstly why CC both xorg@xxxxxxxxxxx, xorg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ?

That's my fault, and I apologize.  Mutt noticed the List-Post header
(which was different from the To header) and decided to include both
addresses when I used it's list-reply feature.

(If anybody has any hints how to teach Mutt not to do that, I'd
appreciate it.)

> On 25 April 2012 01:02, Alex Deucher <alexdeucher@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > The names give a pretty good indication as they generally map to the
> > physical connector.
>
> Understood, but I'm looking for a simple "default", which I have seen
> on some setups in the past. Perhaps it's deprecated.
>
> For example in our OS http://webconverger.org/boot/ people do not know
> in advance what their physical connector will be called for the
> xrandr= API.
>
> The end result are that users find this Xorg feature really hard to use.

Do you find the existing GUI tools for monitor configuration inconvenient?

Marius Gedminas
--
When I'm not in my right mind, my left mind gets a little crowded.