Re: Laptop screen blank when HDMI connected at boot

I don't know if this is related, or a separate issue, but if I use
xrandr to disable the laptop screen and then try to re-enable it, ie:

# xrandr --output eDP1 --off
# xrandr --output eDP1 --auto

Then I get:

xrandr: Configure crtc 0 failed

and in Xorg.0.log:

(EE) intel(0): failed to set mode: Invalid argument