Re: Ubuntu Dual Monitor (Matrox) problem

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 10:45 AM, Corbin Simpson <mostawesomedude@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Do people really care about Matrox that much? I'd be happy to take
over maintenance and testing from ajax if people want. (It *is* ajax
maintaining it, right? Or does anybody else have a pile of Matroxes?)

I have been using dual monitor solution since years. In the beginning it was no matter which product I used. Then I switched somehow to WinXP, which seemed to support only a few cards, and among them I found only this Matrox at a low price. (Most of the others had special features designed for games, which I didn't need and didn't want to pay for.)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/296538

Now as I switched to Linux I don't want to buy a new card again, if possible. And I assume that this issue could affect anybody with similar story.

Adam