Re: [BUG] xinput bug in Xorg 1.12-rc2

thanks, you're right, this is a bug. I've just sent out the patch reverting
the commit - since it was supposed to only clean up code but not include any
functional changes, this is the simpler way than trying to fix a patch
that's just cosmetic anyway.

Yes but the initial idea is good and the fix is straightforward so why not keeping it and send a patch of one line (or two if we want to keep the last if check) initializing the win variable to null. In that case, the function behaves as before the troublesome patch and the reading is simplified by some small rewriting. So all in all the original code is actually very good and fixing the mistake is simple. This is not important anyway it was just a kind suggestion.

thanks for the debugging, much appreciated!

you are welcome and thanks for been so quick at answering.

cheers

Mathieu

Ps : the bug report should be marked as closed.