X Window: Setting up mouse scroll for OOo Calc to one raw

Hi,

I'm running Debian GNU/Linux SID and my X Window uses Window Maker as
a window manager.

I'm using OpenOffice.org Calc very often and I want to setup mouse
scroll in X so when I scroll with mice then in OOo Calc raws goes
up/down only one raw and not three raws as it does at present.

So what I'm basically seeking is a way for setting the mouse scroll
to a different value other than three lines at a time. It seems that
that this is a default value.

The way to setup scrolling only one raw in OpenOffice.org Calc using
mouse wheel button is to setup somehow the X Window, eg. to setup mouse
driver to different value then the default, right?

If one setup this successfully I don't know how would this appeares in
other applications than OOo Calc?

On the debian.users mailing list told me that:
<quote>
Mouse scroll can be set from X server as well as per application basis,
that is, you can set Xorg to use a value (e.g., scroll 3 lines at a time)
that will be used system wide affecting all of the programs but you can
also set a different value for one application which will affect just
that app. Firefox, for instance, can be configured to use a different
mouse scrolling value so I guess there can be others... I don't know for
OpenOffice, though :-?
</quote>

I find the option:
Option  "ZAxisMapping"          "4 5"
in xorg.conf but this setup only the wheel button and not it's speed
or what that is needed for for setup scrolling in Calc or in other
applications.

<quote from debian.users list>
>> I'm not sure how to achieve this. There has to be an option for the
>> current mouse driver you are using (mouse, evdev...?) but e.g., "man
>> evdev" returns no option available to control this setting.
>
> From the Xorg.0.log I find these lines:
>
> (II) config/udev: Adding input device ImPS/2 Generic Wheel Mouse
> (/dev/input/event4)
> (**) ImPS/2 Generic Wheel Mouse: Applying InputClass "evdev pointer catchall"
> (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'ImPS/2 Generic Wheel Mouse'
> (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/evdev_drv.so
                                           ^^^^^^^^^^^^
(...)

There you have it. So the question is now how to instruct that driver
(evdev) to use a different scrolling value, I see nothing at all in the man
page nor in the docs :-?

> Searching with Google using keywords 'evdev scroll wheel' gives to me no
> answer for this.

Yep, there is not much information on the matter or at least I was unable to
find a clear way to configure it.

I would ask this question directly at Xorg's users mailing list:

</quote from debian.users list>

So, I did it, I'm asking you is there an option or a way how to setup
mouse scroll with evdev moue driver to value other than the default?

--
Regards, Pal