How to determine if accelerated Xrender is being used?

Hi,

I'm currently running Firefox 3.6 under xFreebsd and Xorg and when I resize the browser window redraw is slow, I suspect that accelerated XRender isn't being used, but I have the binary Nvidia blob installed and I've confirmed direct rendering is enabled via glxinfo and glxgears. I know Firefox uses Cairo and Cairo should be using the XRender backend. I've confirmed that when Cairo is built from source the configure script says XRender is being enabled.

Also I've added the "RenderAccel" "true" option in xorg.conf, but even if I set that to "false" performance seems the same either way. Is there any way of logging drawing calls or some other way to determine what is happening? Thanks