Re: synaptics state

On Sat, Jun 07, 2008 at 08:17:05PM +0200, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:
> On Saturday 07 June 2008, Hanno Böck wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > What is the state of the synaptics driver?
> >
> > It seems the last thing that happened was the relicensing, though a
> > relicensed version was never published. (who did the relicensing? can you
> > comment on it?)
> >
> > It doesn't compile against current xorg-server git, since the mpx-changes.

As I recall, there was a second set of licensing changes that were asked
for, and not all of the authors could be reached for that second set.
Or maybe not all of them agreed.

However, have a look at my latest synaptics driver, and let me know if
you'd prefer to make that one the offical one.  It is still not as
featureful as the other driver, but I feel that it operates better and
I can work on bringing it closer to being fully featured.

Here is the url:

	http://math.berkeley.edu/~vojta/xf86-input-synaptics-0.99.2.tar.bz2

The man page may be incomplete, but I can fix that fairly quickly.

--Paul Vojta, vojta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx