Re: color management spec

Maarten Maathuis wrote:
> It would be a good idea to ask someone what the price of a
> implementation would be at the level of a compositing manager, maybe
> even make a draft fragment shader. Because whatever you think up has
> to fit a typical gpu, otherwise it's a disaster waiting to happen.

IIRC someone posted a sample C application that uses OpenGL shaders and
a color management library (lcms?) to generate the shader and to convert
a file from srgb to some other profile. Yay, I found it :) here is the
said email:
http://www.mail-archive.com/lcms-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg02326.html

It is basically just a trilinear texture lookup. 3D textures are
supported starting with OpenGL 1.3, so any decent driver will support that.

tom