Multiresolution Support

Hi,

We are planning to support multi-resolution in our Linux Application.

Currently for example our linux application can run on laptops/notebooks which generally have a multi-monitor and multi-resolution display.

For example in my laptop, I have “Plug and Play Monitor Mobile Intel® 915GM/GMS, 910GML Express Chipset Family”.

Question: I have gone through the datasheet of above card and it says “Source Resolution up to 1920x1080 with 2 vertical taps” or Maximum Source Resolution: 720x480x32.

But the system->properties show me the following resolutions

640 by 480, 256 Colors, 60 Hertz

640 by 480, Hi Color (16-Bit), 60 Hertz

640 by 480, True Color(32-Bit), 60 Hertz

800 by 600, 256 Colors, 60 Hertz

800 by 600, Hi Color (16-Bit), 60 Hertz

800 by 600, True Color(32-Bit), 60 Hertz

1024 by 768, 256 Colors, 60 Hertz

1024 by 768, Hi Color (16-Bit), 60 Hertz

1024 by 768, True Color(32-Bit), 60 Hertz

How do we decide which resolutions are available in our current display hardware ?

Best Regards

Deepak Bhatia

Disclaimer:

This message and any attachment(s) contained here are information that is confidential, proprietary to NEC HCL System Technologies and its customers. Contents may be privileged or otherwise protected by law. The information is solely intended for the individual or the entity it is addressed to. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are not authorized to read, forward, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete it from your computer.