Re: Preventing screensaver when playing movie?

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 20:22:37 +0100
Erik <esigra@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dotan Cohen skrev:
> > On 26/02/2008, Harald Braumann <harry@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >>  > How can the media player achieve this with xorg?
> >>
> >> AFAIK xine sends fake shift key press events. I guess this is the
> >>  safest way of fooling any programme that tries to do something
> >> after an inactivity time-out.
> >>

> I have looked at XTestFakeKeyEvent. Is that what xine is using?

Sorry, I don't know the technical details.

> > ‎That could be problematic with Sticky Keys users, like myself. I
> > might just hit Enter in an email, and have it registered as
> > Shift-Enter and therefore sent, when I do not want that.
> >
> Is there a safe key to send? Or some even better way? I want it to be
> implement as an API call in SDL, so that all SDL programs can use it.

Again, I don't know the technical details but you could look at the
xine source, how they do it. I guess if there were issues with sticky
keys, xine would have a bug report about it.

harry