Re: How to find the inodes in XFS

Thanks a lot! That's really helpful =)

Unfortunately something is going wrong here, and the implementation of
XFS_INO_TO_FSB is quite intrincated, enough that it is hard to be sure
what is wrong here ... I am trying to resolve the location of the root
inode, which has number 128, but my XFS_INO_TO_FSB call is resolving
to $80000 which is not an inode.

XFS_INO_AGINO_BITS returns m_agino_log which is defined as sb_inopblog
+ sb_agblklog. Both are zero here, so this whole part resolves to
zero.

About sb_agcount I read and reread the code and it is really hard to
figure what number it should have in this part of the code, but in my
superblock it comes with value 4, so I am using this.

XFS_INO_TO_AGNO = (i) shr XFS_INO_AGINO_BITS, with i (inode nr) =128
shr 0 = so this part resolves to 128

XFS_INO_TO_AGBNO = (i shr XFS_INO_OFFSET_BITS(m_sb)) and
XFS_INO_MASK(XFS_INO_AGBNO_BITS(m_sb));

XFS_INO_OFFSET_BITS = sb_inopblog which is 0 in my partition

XFS_INO_AGBNO_BITS = sb_agblklog which is 0 in my partition

XFS_INO_MASK = (1 shl k) - 1; with k=0 it resolves to 0

#define XFS_INO_TO_AGBNO(mp,i) \
(((xfs_agblock_t)(i) >> XFS_INO_OFFSET_BITS(mp)) & \
XFS_INO_MASK(XFS_INO_AGBNO_BITS(mp)))

With i=128 >> 0 we get 0, but then we have & 0, so this whole part
resolves to zero

So now we are left with         XFS_AGB_TO_FSB(mp, 128, 0)

#define XFS_AGB_TO_FSB(mp,agno,agbno) \
(((xfs_fsblock_t)(agno) << (mp)->m_sb.sb_agblklog) | (agbno))

Which resolves to 128 because 128 << 0 | 0 = 128

So I calculate 128 * block_size, I have a blocksize of $1000 in my
supernode, so that's how I arrived at $80000

But looking inside my partition I'm pretty sure that $80000 is not an inode....

Any ideas where I got things wrong?? =( I've been trying for hours to
figure where I got things wrong but no ideas yet =/

I can post my superblock content here if it would be helpful.

thanks again =)

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho