Re: 3.14-rc2 XFS backtrace because irqs_disabled.

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 01:32:55PM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> We'd have to teach each user of "dequeue_signal()" to free the siginfo
> thing. Which shouldn't be too bad - I think we've collected all of
> that into generic code, and there isn't the mass or architecture code
> that knows about these things any more. But there are a few odd
> drivers etc and signalfd.

The few odd drivers are nbd, jffs2 and the usb mass storage gadget.
All of these have in common that they try to handle signals in a kernel
thread (which we don't even allow by default), and that they ignore the
siginfo.  I think they could mostly be replaced by an addition to the
kthread API to allow a kthread to be killed by signals for legacy
reasons.