Re: Extended attributes limit in Linux

On 31 jan 2014, at 15:33, Jeff Liu <jeff.liu@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Yup, Mountain Lion v10.8.4 :)
>>>

>> I suspect that xattrs with significant size is stored in compressed
>> state on HFS+. I implemented support of compressed xattrs partially but
>> I don't share this code yet. But, yes, EAs with size greater than 64 KB
>> can be a problem.

FYI, Example of output from one of the failing files. First from OS X and then same file after failed copy to XFS.

OS X Maverik:
file: "/Users/username/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Database/apdb/BigBlobs.apdb"
type: "\0\0\0\0"
creator: "\0\0\0\0"
attributes: avbstclinmedz
created: 01/25/2014 11:43:17
modified: 01/28/2014 20:02:46

Ubunutu
getfattr: Removing leading '/' from absolute path names
# file: srv/nas/home/apple_bak_rsync/username/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Database/BigBlobs.apdb
user.com.apple.quarantine="0006;52e39545;iPhoto;”