Re: Debugging Xvfb

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007, Duncan Murdoch wrote:
I am writing some code using OpenGL, and when run under Xvfb on MacOS it dies, with the error message

X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
   Major opcode of failed request:  1 (X_CreateWindow)
   Serial number of failed request:  17

There are a number of different reasons for which XCreateWindow() would return BadMatch. Check the man page.

I think MacOS uses the XFree86 version of Xvfb, but my first question is how can I tell for sure, and how do I determine which version I've got?

The XFree86, or X.Org, version associated with Xvfb should at the bottom of Xvfb's man page.

(I note that on the MacOS system I have access to here, X support is a mixture of various XFree86 and X.Org versions.)

Marc.

|  Marc Aurele La France           |  work:   1-780-492-9310          |
|  Academic Information and        |  fax:    1-780-492-1729          |
|    Communications Technologies   |  email:  tsi@xxxxxxxxxxx         |
|  352 General Services Building   +----------------------------------+
|  University of Alberta           |                                  |
|  Edmonton, Alberta               |    Standard disclaimers apply    |
|  T6G 2H1                         |                                  |
|  CANADA                          |                                  |