Re: Re: Radeon X300 and XFree86-4.6.0

On Wed, 31 May 2006 15:28:10 +0800
"f.l." <texlexsex@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> did you tried to add BusID to config like this?
>
> Section "Device"
>     Identifier "Radeon X300"
>     Driver "radeon"
>     Screen 0
>     BusID       "PCI:3:0:0"     #add this line
> EndSection
>
> Section "Device"
>     Identifier "Radeon X300#2"
>     Driver "radeon"
>     Screen 1
>     BusID       "PCI:3:0:1"
> EndSection

Yes, I tried using BusID just as shown above, but it
does not work.  The same log results.

I also tried adding ChipID statements for both devices, but
after doing this the log shows an extra line:

(WW) RADEON: ChipID 0x5b60 in Device section "Radeon X300"
isn't valid for this driver

Also, executing "XFree86 -configure" does not detect the card
at all.  Instead, it builds an XF86Config using the vesa driver.
The vesa driver is also used when removing all XF86Config
files so that the server starts with all parameters detected
at run time.

After doing some Internet research, I find that a few others
report a very similar problem and that switching to the Xorg
radeon drivers completely fixes the issue.

Andrew Kalten