Re: Building Xvfb on Sparc running Solaris 8

I rebuild XFree86 v 4.6.0 using gcc v3.4.5
Xvfb built but I do not see glx extensions
included in it.
What am I doing wrong?

thanks,
RobertM

Marc Aurele La France wrote:

On Wed, 17 May 2006, Robert Milaszewski wrote:

Marc Aurele La France wrote:

On Tue, 9 May 2006, Robert Milaszewski wrote:

I tried building Xvfb on Solaris 8 running on sparc using
nativ sun's compiler.  I can successfully build the server
without glx extensions.  Problems start when I try to include
glx extensions by  adding this line to host.def :

#define BuildGlxExt             YES

And even when eventually I manage to compile Xvfb executable
glx extensions do not seem to be present as reported by glxinfo.

Any help would be greately appreciated.

I've verified that this works in XFree86 4.6.0, given its rework of extension support in the various X servers. But, for now, you will still need to build with a host.def containing ...

    #define BuildXFree86OnSparcSunOS YES

Thanks for your help.  I got XFree86 v. 4.6.0
I set the following defines in host.def

#define XVirtualFramebufferServer      YES
#define BuildXFree86OnSparcSunOS YES
#define BuildGlxExt             YES

And I used Sun C 5.7
               Sun C++ 5.7
compilers.

I had problems compiling with this setup.
I also tried compiling XFree86 v 4.6.0 using
gnu's gcc v 2.95.2 but that did not work either.
Can you give me more detailes on how you
compiled Xvfb with glx extensions on Sparc
with SunOS 5.8?

I'm actually using Solaris 7, but that shouldn't matter too much.

GCC 2.95.2 is quite old. I recommend 3.2 or newer. I'm currently using 4.0.1.

Your host.def settings above should give you something that compiles & runs right out of the box.

Marc.

|  Marc Aurele La France           |  work:   1-780-492-9310           |
|  Academic Information and        |  fax:    1-780-492-1729           |
|    Communications Technologies   |  email:  tsi@xxxxxxxxxxx          |
|  352 General Services Building   +-----------------------------------+
|  University of Alberta           |                                   |
|  Edmonton, Alberta               |     Standard disclaimers apply    |
|  T6G 2H1                         |                                   |
|  CANADA                          |                                   |