Announce: XFree86 4.6.0 released

I am very pleased to announce the release of XFree86 4.6.0.  This release
comes about a year after the 4.5.0 release, and is the product of the
work of dedicated volunteers.  I would like to thank all who have
contributed to this release, through code, testing, and other feedback,
and all who continue to support XFree86 and the work of its volunteer
developers.

Source, patches, and binaries for a range of platforms are available now
for download from our ftp site:

   ftp://ftp.xfree86.org/pub/XFree86/4.6.0/
   http://ftp.xfree86.org/pub/XFree86/4.6.0/

We currently have binaries available for 23 platforms.  If you are not
sure which binary set you need, first download the "Xinstall.sh" script,
and run:

   sh Xinstall.sh -check

Also, before downloading, check the 4.6.0 online documentation at:

   http://www.xfree86.org/4.6.0/

Read especially the README, Release Notes and Install documents.  Also
check the ERRATA for 4.6.0 for any last minute issues:

   http://www.xfree86.org/4.6.0/ERRATA.html

and the UPDATES page to see when new binaries or other updates are available:

   http://www.xfree86.org/4.6.0/UPDATES.html

The CVS tag for this release is "xf-4_6_0".  Information about accessing
our anonymous CVS service is at http://www.xfree86.org/cvs/.

User-related problems should be reported to our xfree86@xxxxxxxxxxx
list.  Development issues and specific bugs should be reported to our
devel@xxxxxxxxxxx list and/or logged at http://bugs.xfree86.org/.

The next release, 4.7.0, is planned for the first half of 2007.  If you
find XFree86 useful and would like to help support our work, please visit
our donations page:

    http://www.xfree86.org/donations/

Enjoy.

David
--
David Dawes                                     X-Oz Technologies
www.XFree86.org/~dawes                          www.x-oz.com