need help

Hi

I have ramped up a U-Boot with a linux using the YDL dist through a uArt.
I'm trying to use a graphic card but without any success.
I'm trying to use three different PCI graphic card:
ATI 3D RAGE II, Cirrus Logic 5464 and invidia RIVA TNT2.
I think I have something very basic missing.
>How does the X server initialize the graphic card, does it insmod the module for
the detected graphic card?? if so does it has its own modules?? or it uses the ones I
put under /lib/modules/...
>when I compile the kernel without frame-buffer support and the support for the
specific graphic card the Xfree86 -configure shout that I'm missing the /dev/fb0 file?
Do I have to compile the driver for the graphic card in the kernel???
>my U-Boot doesn't initialize the graphic card at all, is this might be the problem
or the XFree86 isn't based on any previous initialization made to the PCI card.

On the ATI-3D all I get is a screen filled with vertical lines.
On the Cirrus Logic all I get is a blank screen.
On the invidia the Kernel driver get stuck when trying to initialize the RIVA accel.

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

--
Ronen Shitrit

M.S.I.L
6 Ha'mada St.
Industrial Area
P.O.Box 692
Yokneam 20692 ISRAEL
Tel: +972-4-9091500
This message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone, or by e-mail and delete the message from your computer.