Re: XF86Config Creation

Karim Sobh wrote:
Hi,
I have managed to create a live CD that can boot linux and startx automatically with KDE and all K applications.
The process of building this CD was carried out on a Red Hat 9 machine.
My problem is, that when I typed startx for the first time after booting with this CD, X did not work, so I copied the File /etc/X11/XF86Config from the Original RedHat distribution to the CD, and everything worked fine then.
The problem is that this CD is able to run X only on my hardware.
My question is: Is there any way to generate the file XF86Config on the fly for any hardware that boots the CD.

Upgrade to XFree86 4.4. It's able to run without an XF86Config file. -- Matthieu