Vesa TV-out works --> Tv-out will eventually work with radeon?

I have had some trouble getting TV-out to work on ATI Radeon 9100 IGP (which has a RS200 chip). It is difficult to
tell wheter it will ever work, just from reading the developers' discussions (Gatos and others). Some say
Macrovision is a showstopper, but then some other chips' TV-out seem to work fine despite Macrovision.

It works fine to get TV-out when I use the Vesa driver (but video playback is slow). All other drivers I have
tested leads to a scrambled, flickering screen (with correct colours though), no matter resolution/frequency.

Here is the theoretical question: does the Vesa test prove that Macrovision will not be a definite stop for getting
TV-out support for this chip in future versions of the radeon driver?

Premiär! Reklam- och virusfri mail med enorm inbox. http://premiummail.spray.se