Please Help

Hello;
I am new to Linux (Red Hat 8.0) and Have been trying to get this version to run on an Intel - 2.0 gZ HP Pavilion.
I have researched and read loads of instructions on how to -install xfree86 4.3.0 to get my graphics card to work
(I have a 82845G/GL controler).
I think I need help.....I am lost in the process!
I am running Win XP to access the FTP sites but don't know how to do a lot of things they talk about. .TGZ vs .EXE etc.
Is there anyone whom might be willing to coach me through this either by phone or e-mail and help me!
I can do most things with Windows but I want to get free from "Microsoft" and I really would love "Red Hat" if I can overcome some of these obstacles!
I just need a (plain english version) step by step and I can't ask a "Read.me file" questions. Just talking to someone might help although I cannot afford to pay for technical help.

Please reply to;
Darrel Irwin (aka civilwest)
P.O.Box 202
McLeod, Texas 75565-0202
(903)796-5493

This message has been scanned for viruses by the VEI Internet
Automatic Email Spam and Virus Scanner, and is believed to be free of spam or viruses.
Please report spam to spamtrap@xxxxxxx. If you would like 98.9 % spam blocked from your
E-mail then go to VEI Internet for details. Anti-spam/Anti-virus is FREE with every account.