Problem getting xfree to work ( on gentoo )

Hello. I have a running installation of Fedora and have just started to
get used to gentoo, in another hard drive.
I havent been able to configure gentoo, and dont know what is going on.

I have an MSI nvidia GForce card.
I have tried starting from a fresh XF86Conf from xf86config to starting
from Fedora's

xf86cfg is unusable, as it goes out of sync with the screen almost at
once, and locks the keyboard (i.e. not even the leds will work, so a
hard reboot is in order).
When I configured a vga driver with 8bpp and 640x480, the result was
that the display area was smaller than the screen, and a single term
wouldnt fit.
When I used the nv driver, I would get windows that looked out of sync,
so much that anything was unreadable (except for the osd display of the
monitor)
When I used the nvidia driver, the nvidia splash showed up correctly,
and the windows appeared ok for an instant, then suddenly it all filled
up with different collored squares, like that old c/pascal graphics
demo, more or less... and lock the keyboard too.

Anyone has any idea what can be wrong?
I doubt the XF86Config has anything to do, but here it is, and one log
file
.

It would have been impossible for me to take a screenshot, but anyway I
think it would be too much to put on a mailing list.
# XFree86 4 configuration created by redhat-config-xfree86

Section "ServerLayout"

#	InputDevice    "cursor" "SendCoreEvents"
#        InputDevice    "stylus"    "SendCoreEvents"
#        InputDevice    "eraser"    "SendCoreEvents"
#	InputDevice	"WPTablet" # "SendCoreEvents"
 #"AlwaysCore"
	Identifier     "single head configuration"
	Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
	InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
	InputDevice    "DevInputMice" "SendCoreEvents"
EndSection

Section "Files"

# RgbPath is the location of the RGB database.  Note, this is the name of the
# file minus the extension (like ".txt" or ".db").  There is normally
# no need to change the default.
# Multiple FontPath entries are allowed (they are concatenated together)
# By default, Red Hat 6.0 and later now use a font server independent of
# the X server to render fonts.
	RgbPath      "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
	FontPath     "unix/:7100"
EndSection

Section "Module"
	Load  "dbe"
	Load  "extmod"
	Load  "fbdevhw"
	Load  "glx"
	Load  "record"
	Load  "freetype"
	Load  "type1"
	Load  "summa"
	#Load  "dri"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

# Specify which keyboard LEDs can be user-controlled (eg, with xset(1))
#	Option	"Xleds"		"1 2 3"
# To disable the XKEYBOARD extension, uncomment XkbDisable.
#	Option	"XkbDisable"
# To customise the XKB settings to suit your keyboard, modify the
# lines below (which are the defaults).  For example, for a non-U.S.
# keyboard, you will probably want to use:
#	Option	"XkbModel"	"pc102"
# If you have a US Microsoft Natural keyboard, you can use:
#	Option	"XkbModel"	"microsoft"
#
# Then to change the language, change the Layout setting.
# For example, a german layout can be obtained with:
#	Option	"XkbLayout"	"de"
# or:
#	Option	"XkbLayout"	"de"
#	Option	"XkbVariant"	"nodeadkeys"
#
# If you'd like to switch the positions of your capslock and
# control keys, use:
#	Option	"XkbOptions"	"ctrl:swapcaps"
# Or if you just want both to be control, use:
#	Option	"XkbOptions"	"ctrl:nocaps"
#
	Identifier  "Keyboard0"
	Driver      "keyboard"
	Option	    "XkbRules" "xfree86"
	Option	    "XkbModel" "pc105"
	Option	    "XkbLayout" "es"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Mouse0"
	Driver      "mouse"
	Option	    "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
	Option	    "Device" "/dev/psaux"#"/dev/input/mouse0"
	Option	    "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
	Option	    "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

# If the normal CorePointer mouse is not a USB mouse then
# this input device can be used in AlwaysCore mode to let you
# also use USB mice at the same time.
#   Option "Mode" "Absolute"
#   Option "Name" "EasyPen"
#   Option "Compatible" "True"
#   Option "Cursor" "Stylus"
#   Option "Protocol" "Auto"
#   Option "SendCoreEvents" "on"
#   Option "Vendor" "GENIUS"
	Identifier  "DevInputMice"
	Driver      "mouse"
	Option	    "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
	Option	    "Device" "/dev/mouse"#input/mouse1"
	Option	    "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
	Option	    "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
#   Option "InputFashion" "Tablet"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier   "Monitor0"
	VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
	ModelName    "LG StudioWorks 76m"
	HorizSync    30.0 - 70.0
	VertRefresh  50.0 - 160.0
#	Option	    "dpms"
EndSection

Section "Device"
#nvidia
	#Option      "BackingStore" "on"
	Identifier  "Videocard0"
	Driver      "nv"
	VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
	BoardName   "NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX (generic)"
#	VideoRam    65536
#	VideoRam    262144
EndSection

Section "Screen"
	Identifier "Screen0"
	Device     "Videocard0"
	Monitor    "Monitor0"
	DefaultDepth     24
	SubSection "Display"
		Depth     24
		Modes    "1280x960" "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
	EndSubSection
EndSection

#Section "DRI"
#	Group        0