SOS from eParliament.org

Dear Friends,

Greetings from eParliament.org!

I encountered a serious problem with the graphical mode as below. I am
trying  to  migrate  to  Linux  (third  time,  but landed with similar
hassles and gave up).

There  is  a  problem  with  my linux machine. This afternoon and this
evening,  there  were  power failures twice. And my machine accidently
got  halted each time. And when I rebooted the machine after two hours
i.e.  when  the power resumed, there was as problem with the graphical
user  login.  The  machine gets booted upto the login page and when it
tries to run the XWindows for login, it just flickers and when I enter
several  times,  the  command  line login appears and I could login in
text mode. But not in graphical mode?!

I  have  also  run XConfigurator twice and the parameters are correct.
And it displays a graphical mode for the resolution it has been set to
and   asks  whether  I want to use the graphical mode for login when I
reboot  the  machine,  and  when  I  clicked  on  yes and rebooted the
machine, the problem persists.

While  rebooting, it says that some xfs or something killing failed in
red. Mine is RH7.3. I shall be obliged if you could help. Thank you!

Best regards,
Dr. Sichendra Bista, Chief Architect and Founding Secretary-General
eParliament.org: The Pioneering OPERATIONAL Model of Webocracy
Address for correspondence: GPO Box 10422, Kathmandu, Nepal
Tel: +977 (1) 478 1160/478 2321    Web: http://www.eParliament.org
Fax: +977 (1) 478 2321             Email: NetJustice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx