Re: License issue, and a possible solution

Vincent wrote:
So far as I know, X servers do not pop up
windows or splash screens attributing third party authors. At least
not that I have ever seen.

Actually, the Solaris Xsun server does - specifically when it loads it puts up an Adobe PostScript logo to acknowledge the presence of the Adobe DPS engine. I think the other vendors who licensed DPS do the same (at least I have vague memories of seeing it pop up on AIX 3.2.5, but it's been years since I used that and I'm not interested enough to put my old RS/6000 workstation back together to find out).

That's of course not really relevant here, since I don't know of any
vendor who licensed DPS for use in an XFree86-based server, but there
you go.

--
	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith@xxxxxxx