Re: miffed

On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 11:34:30AM -0400, georgina o. economou wrote:

> On Sun, 4 Apr 2004, Marc Aurele La France wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 4 Apr 2004, Andrew C Aitchison wrote:
> >
> > > 2) Much as I believe that the licence change was only a clarification
> > > and right, it appears that it has made XFree86 irrelevant.
> >
> > Irrelevant to whom? Like most, you make an assumption that this project exists
> > to service those who would make money off of it, or even merely use the
> > software. It doesn't, and never has. It has always been the case that the
> > project provides an avenue through which developers can scratch their itches.
>
> > ... And those who have benefitted from a free ride are understandably miffed.
>
> I plead slightly guilty to being miffed that my free ride has gone.
>

> Andrew
> --
>
> Yes but that's not our fault that you are dropping RHEL...THat's your decision.
> Going with debian is no different than being with RH, neither are doing XF86 right now, that's just a cost issue.
>
> Still if I were in Europe and going t pick something non-current, I'd go with SUsie for the support & Egbert which I think is a net bonus over the backwards debian. If I were in the US and needed a name, I'd of course pick Slack.  Perhaps Slackware will catch on elsewhere and then it would be a net-gain all around.

Georgina, if you were in europe, i believe people could sue you for your
continous slander and diffamation. Please stop. Debian is widely
recognized has having the highest quality X packages. I understand you
don't like Debian nor seem to understand it, but that is no reason for
you to continue this slanderous attacks against it.

Friendly,

Sven Luther