RE: license discussions

Public service is not a new issue to XFree96.

The project is about developers, code and what serves them.  Although the
end result serves the public, any decision to serve the public is made by
individual developers and is never imposed.

Any impression that a vendor consortium will be a public servant will almost
certainly change with time.  We've been there before.  He who does not learn
from history is doomed to repeat it.

Rich