From: Sven Luther <sven.luther@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Kuo Yuan-Hsin Oscar <good_guess@xxxxxxxxxxx>
CC: forum@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  about xeyes and window decoration
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 14:20:33 +0100

On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 05:45:00PM +1300, Kuo Yuan-Hsin Oscar wrote:
> Hi all,
>  First of all  I'm not an expert on X-Window systems, so sorry if this
> question sounds dumb :). I'm thinking about writing some arbitary
> shaped X-application using XShape exension and I looked at 'xeyes' as
> an example. I found that although space around 'xeyes' are transparent,
> it actually has window dedorations (e.g. title bar and border) on my
> Slackware9 Gnome 2.2 machine (I did use "-shape" command line option
> to enable the XShape exension). However, on my gentoo-2004.0 KDE3.2
> machine it doesn't has window decorations. I would like to why there
> is such a difference and how can I force XShape applications to always
> have no window decorations?

[Form message follows. Please take this to the xfree86 mailing list,
which would be the most adapted for these questions. - Sven]

Hello,

First, this mailing list is not the right place for asking such
questions, the forum@xxxxxxxxxxx is a place for discussion of the future
of XFree86, both on the political and techological levels. The correct
place for such a question would be the Xfree86 support mailing list :
xfree86@xxxxxxxxxxx or even better yet your distribution vendor XFree86
support mailing list.

I hope that you will find adequate response on those lists, but since
you did write to the forum@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list, i hope you can find
the time to participate in an ongoing inquiry whose aim is to help
better the xfree86 web pages and such to better guide our users to the
correct ressources.

As such, i would like to know from you where you found the
forum@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list, what decided you this was the right
mailing list to ask these questions, and if you have any idea or critic
for us to better the web pages.

Thanks for your help,

Sven Luther