Re: and yet another license complaint
|[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]|
mark kandianis wrote: [...] > academic free license is your personal pet?
My "personal pet" is the CPL.
> so to take this discussion onto more positive ground, > what is it that you so like about it?
- it's a contract;
- derivative works subject to CPL;
- grant of patent license (it is terminated if recipient institutes patent litigation against licensor or against any entity alleging that the program infringes recipient's patent(s)); http://eclipse.org/legal/legalfaq.html#use_10
- redistribution of binaries under a different license, even a commercial license, is permitted (but the CPL'd source code must still be made available under the CPL);
- Commercial distributors/contributors agree to defend and indemnify every other contributor (this obligation does not apply to any claims or losses relating to any actual or alleged intellectual property infringement);
- CPL'd code may be combined with other licensed code without affecting the other code's license.
_______________________________________________ Forum mailing list Forum@xxxxxxxxxxx http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/forum
[Photo] [Yosemite] [MIPS Linux] [ARM Linux] [Samba] [Linux Security] [Linux RAID] [Linux Resources]