Re: License FAQs

At 10:30 AM 2/21/2004 +0100, you wrote:
On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 11:05:34AM -0500, georgina o. economou wrote:
> I have been working on a FAQ to present this license change as simply
> as I can.  I had David review to make sure that I understood the rationale
> and did not say anything outrageous.
>
> I just committed it and announced on the home page.  It should be up
> within the hour on http://www.xfree86.org/legal/licenses.html.
>
> As always, I look forward to some creative interchange ;-)

One thing that would be helpfull clarifying would be : do you consider
documentation as software or not. I know there is a bunch of people who
consider everything that comes in digital form as software, while other
don't.

i don't think that this is a matter of interpretation sven, but copyright law in the us. the courts treat them separately so they are.

mark.