Re: FW: Re: the Link to the Xorg_Foundation mail

at:http://www.x.org/XOrg_Foundation_Join_OpenLists.html Leon

>That is most gracious that you invite everyone.  But as a friend of
>David's, (and I do not hide that fact that I knew him long long ago in the
>early days of this project,  and I was pleased to meet him when he came to
>the Bay Area a few years back and have regained contact with him)  I object
>that your note stated David knew of this.  I have checked with my friend
>and with your list.  David is not subscribed and he has no recollection of
>this note between you.  I am sure as an important man you make mistakes
>too, and that's why keeping everyone in the loop is imperative so mistakes
>can be fixed immediately.  I am sure you see the logic to this.

Umberto -

	My apologies. I had not  known that David Dawes' name was removed
from the list on Feb 6. As a member of X.Org, representing XFree86, his name
was on the original list. I assumed it was still there.
	But I think we've better things to do...

Leon

>I also think that many many important discussions are happening on your
list.  Lately this one of how VNC is linking against a non-GPL library is of
the utmost concern to all of us who are or were in the open-source
community.  I think Mr. Robinson and Mr. Packard are speaking with authority
on this subject and this authority should be something we can all learn
from.  What does happen when such a violation happens?  What do we do?
These are questions I have.  I am sure others have the same.
>I think many of Mr. Robinson's missives to be of great import.  I think it
only right and just that when he or anyone else of your list refer to David
and technical issues that pertain to XFREE86 that they be cc:'d.  You do not
have to be a subscriber, I was not originally when I sent all my bad email,
just a lurker thru the archives, but I joined when several good men sent me
messages that I was failing in trying to keep everyone in communicado and I
wanted to get these bad email firsthand.
>I humbly request that these important, and I think very important,
technical discussions not be amongst some wise men but all wise men and
particularly with XFREE86 since it is their technical base with which you
are discussing.