Re: Re: Announcement: Modification to the base XFree86(TM) license.

Egbert Eich wrote:
Sven Luther writes:
> > Maybe a decision on both parts on this would be ok ? XFree86 could make
> sure the licence of the driver code would not conflict with the GPL,
> keeping the old one for example, and the fbdev driver authors would
> dual-licence the code, both GPL and the old xfree86 licence would do
> just fine. Benjamin, what do you think about this ?
> > BTW, CCing this to the linux-fbdev mailing list.

Yes, a personal agreement between driver developers would also work.
However they tend to change and other people will make contributions
who all would have to agree also. I don't know if a general dual license agreement in the kernel file header would be possible.

Yes, it is. See the current SiS driver source files.

Thomas

--
Thomas Winischhofer
Vienna/Austria