Re: [forum] Some perspective from the cheap seats...

> On Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 06:07:06AM -0500, Mike A. Harris wrote:
> > With the existing "core team", changes *do* get checked into CVS
> > that *do* break things too.  The savage driver being one example
> > (Dec 16th checkin) which broke the savage driver on Savage MX,
> > and obviously was not tested on real hardware.  It also wasn't
> > fixing any real bug.  This clearly shows that even the core team
> > can check in bugs that break hardware also, and often do (or
> > there wouldn't be any bugs right?)
>
> That's were your wrong Mike. I do have hardware and I did test that
> change on my equipment, and it did work fine here.

I think that illustrates the point about it being important to get
code out there and people running it even more clearly. (Im not blaming
anyone here - let me be clear, the same happens in other projects because
its not humanly possible to dot hat kind of testing without a big
team of QA engineers)