Re: [forum] Driver development vs X development

On Mon, 2003-03-24 at 22:44, Kendall Bennett wrote:

> You could even load the drivers in the Linux kernel; all you would need
> to do is provide a PM (Portability Manager) library implementation in the
> Linux kernel. Although personally I don't thinka full featured graphics
> driver is useful in the kernel, but rather the kernel modules should be
> just very low level DMA/interrupt handling modules with all the real work
> done in userland.
>
> You can find out more about SciTech SNAP from our web site, and you can
> download the current GPL version of the SDK as well (the GPL DDK is still
> being prepared for release):
>
> http://www.scitechsoft.com/products/embedded/sdk_home.html

Is there a PM to XAA bridge?

--
Torgeir Veimo <torgeir@pobox.com>

[Index of Archives]     [X.Org]     [XFree86]     [XFree86 Discussion]     [XFree86 Newbie]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite Questions]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [ARM Linux Kernel]     [Samba]     [Linux RAID]