Re: [forum] A Call For Open Governance Of X Development

On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 12:33:45PM -0500, Alan Cox wrote:
>> Yes, your're right.  We should have just said something like "Keith
>> Packard has parted company with the XFree86 core team so that he can
>> spend more time with his family."  Isn't that the accepted code in
>> business?  :-)
>
>Or even "Keith Packard will be creating his own XFree subtree for more
>experimental work the XFree86 core team is uncomfortable about. We wish him
>well"

In fact, if he'd been above board about it, that's likely what we
would have said.  You don't see us telling the DRI people that
they're evil for doing their work in an environment that's comfortable
for them.  I still don't understand why he insisted on so completely
alienating the rest of the XFree86 core team instead of just doing
what you suggest.

David
--
David Dawes
Release Engineer/President                      The XFree86 Project

[Index of Archives]     [X.Org]     [XFree86]     [XFree86 Discussion]     [XFree86 Newbie]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite Questions]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [ARM Linux Kernel]     [Samba]     [Linux RAID]