Re: [forum] communication

On Sun, Mar 23, 2003 at 01:22:15AM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 22, 2003 at 09:13:34PM -0500, Mark Vojkovich wrote:
> >    Are you an XFree86 developer?  I see your name in the CHANGELOG.
> > Are you interested?  I hope Keith continues to be a communication
> > channel between these projects, but he shouldn't have to be the
> > only channel.  The XFree86 project can't add support for things it
> > doesn't know about.
>
> I'm certainly willing to be on lists, comment when I have something to
> add, and bring up issues that it would benefit the desktops to
> address. I've been on xpert and devel@xfree86.org for a while and say
> something from time to time. However, I've been hacking on free
> software long enough to know that this isn't going to be all that
> useful, if no one is interested/able to write the code... ;-) the
> useful communication here is about iterations of design and code, not
> about things that theoretically might be hacked on.

So RedHat paying someone to be interested/able to write the code might
be useful ?

Alan.

[Index of Archives]     [X.Org]     [XFree86]     [XFree86 Discussion]     [XFree86 Newbie]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite Questions]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [ARM Linux Kernel]     [Samba]     [Linux RAID]