Re: [forum] Suggestion for XFree86

On Sat, Mar 22, 2003 at 05:25:11PM +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:
>On Fre, 2003-03-21 at 20:04, David Dawes wrote:
>>
>> Most of the complaints are either centred on some imagined heavy-handed
>> management that controls what everyone does (those who do contribute
>> should answer if they feel this is true or not),
>
>Speaking as someone who has contributed relatively small bits of code
>now and then during the last couple of years, I must admit I still have
>this funny feeling when submitting a patch to XFree86. As has been
>pointed out, it's probably mostly a matter of communication though.
>Having to monitor the CVS commit list to know when a patch has been
>applied doesn't feel right.

Yes, it is really a matter of communication.  If patches are
submitted and handled via bugzilla, then that should provide another
mechanism.  I don't know if that will fully address the communication
issue, or whether a more personal approach would make people feel
more comfortable.  I'm still getting familiar with bugzilla, so I
don't know if it's possible to email bugs/submissions directly to
bugzilla rather than going through the web interface.

David
--
David Dawes
Release Engineer/President                      The XFree86 Project