Re: [forum] the removal of Packard

> > It still doesnt work in 4.3 (With GMX2000) and the 2D broke as well with
>
> Why still doesn't work ? Nobody is really working on it, so it can only
> become more broken as time pass. I know of two (non x developper) who
> are interrested in gamma + pm3 support, but they are no coders. I have
> been trying to push them to try, but without much sucess so far.

Actually its a lot less broken in 4.3 than 4.2, it still doesn't work
but it actually looks like it should now. One problem is that 1 v 2
renderer setup.

> > the PCI Delta based card I have.
>
> What did broke in the 2D driver ? It did work with 4.2.1, right, so it

Hangs the box when you start X

> > I've been trying to track down why the 3D hangs the card the moment it
> > starts up but not got anywhere yet
>
> Do you have any hint ? I would vote for broken drm kernel module. You

The moment a client starts it seems we load the chips with something that
gives them indigestion. Its fine until a 3d drive starts up and it looks
like its the 3d startup thats doing it.

I've been rather too busy to dig deeply recently.

Alan

[Index of Archives]     [X.Org]     [XFree86]     [XFree86 Discussion]     [XFree86 Newbie]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite Questions]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [ARM Linux Kernel]     [Samba]     [Linux RAID]