Re: [forum] the removal of Packard

On Sat, Mar 22, 2003 at 10:08:03AM -0500, Alan Cox wrote:
> > I know, i was probably one of the ones resisting, as i tried to get DRI
> > support for my Appian Jeronimo 2000 (1 gamma, 2 pm3), but i cannot
> > anymore use it as i was forced to change motherboard, and my new AGP8x
> > motherboard does not accept older card anymore :(((
>
> It still doesnt work in 4.3 (With GMX2000) and the 2D broke as well with

Why still doesn't work ? Nobody is really working on it, so it can only
become more broken as time pass. I know of two (non x developper) who
are interrested in gamma + pm3 support, but they are no coders. I have
been trying to push them to try, but without much sucess so far.

> the PCI Delta based card I have.

What did broke in the 2D driver ? It did work with 4.2.1, right, so it
should be easy to isolate the changes which broke it, there where not
much of them anyway.

> I've been trying to track down why the 3D hangs the card the moment it
> starts up but not got anywhere yet

Do you have any hint ? I would vote for broken drm kernel module. You
could try outputing stuff in the clientside 3D drivers to see if it
reaches there, but from what you say, it hangs much earlier.

Maybe it is time for the drm rewrite of the gamma driver after all. When
i finish work on the card i am currently working on, i will try to get a
look at it again, if i manage to borrow another motherboard.

Friendly,

Sven Luther

[Index of Archives]     [X.Org]     [XFree86]     [XFree86 Discussion]     [XFree86 Newbie]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite Questions]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [ARM Linux Kernel]     [Samba]     [Linux RAID]