Re: [forum] XFree86 5.0 TODO

Sven Luther writes:

 > > No, the model I have in mind is not window driven. The driver only
 > > gets the information to zoom a part of the screen. It doesn't care
 > > what is displayed there. Your application has the notion of a window.
 >
 > What application are you speaking of here ? The window manager ? The
 > specific app that own the window ? The configurator app ? A special
 > zooming app ?

Your zooming application.

 > > It has to do the proper things if this window is enlarged, obscured,
 > > closed.
 >
 > Mmm, what would be the behavior here in case the window is partially
 > hidden ? With the technical solution i propose, the second head would
 > simply be a viewport into the framebuffer of the first head, so there
 > would be no way it could un-hide the window content.

Yes. But the application could soom the window differently
or whatever. The problem you would have generally is that
you don't want to distort the aspekt ratio, therefore on
a window not having the same aspect ration as you second
head you'd have to display areas outside of the window, too.

 > > I wouldn't involve XAA in this. If you want to do it on the
 > > driver level you'd have to wrap some of the window functions. In this
 > > case you could pass in the WID, that would probably work, too.
 >
 > Sounds good, i would have to look into that too when i get time.

OK. Great, I'm looking forward to have this feature.

Egbert.

[Index of Archives]     [X.Org]     [XFree86]     [XFree86 Discussion]     [XFree86 Newbie]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite Questions]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [ARM Linux Kernel]     [Samba]     [Linux RAID]