[XFree86] Problem in Display with Color depth

The Graphics chipset that we have is Intel
I810.

We are working with XFree86 4.2.0.

We have an application which has been developed on
8 bit color depth and uses Pseudo Colors.

We user "XAllocColor" - to get the color allocated
by the X system, and we use those Pseudo colors only.

When we run the application with 8 bit color depth
- we find that the colors are not displayed properly.

On 16 bit depth, the colors are displayed properly
- but the drawings on the screen appear twice ( eg. we have a line - the
line is displayed twice ).

On 24 bit depth also, the colors are displayed
properly - but the drawings on the screen appear THRICE ( eg. we have a
line - the line is displayed thrice ).

I would like to know what is creating the problem
and why.

Kindly also suggest a solution for this.

Thanks & Regards,
S. Venkatesh

[XFree86]     [XFree86 Newbie]     [X.Org]     [Site Home]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Share Pictures]     [Rubini]
[Photo]     [Yosemite]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [XFree86 Forum]     [Linux Resources]