Re: FreeBSD 5.0 XFree86 4_2_1 source anyone?

nil wrote:

Thanks for the datapoint.
I did not use HEAD for either cvsup.
I tried 5.0 HEAD for 2 days, each day I got different compile errors,
leading me to conclude  it wasn't stable enough to do an initial make
world.
So I used RELENG_5_0, but the date was 12/30, close enough.
Like you, I also  put the xf86 cvs source tree elsewhere.
For xf86, I decided to use 4_2_1 because of what I saw on 5.0,
but from what you're describing, HEAD is stable, so maybe I'll try that
then...

Hi,

I just check the docs for 4.2.1 and it looks like i810e is supported.
In that case, I'd try install the XFree86-4 port first. I use the
head of cvs because my card is not supported in 4.2.1. But you
definitely should make your port tree up to date. Though the main
x11 port (x11/XFree86-4) has version 4.2.0, the server port
x11-servers/XFree86-4-Server does have version 4.2.1.

If you still have problems building or installing the ports, then
you should try current@xxxxxxxxxxx to see if it's FreeBSD issue.

Cheers,

yushun.

Anyone has other suggestions?
(I did find out that the ports does have 4.2.0 available, so that's
another option.)
I have i810e display, so I assume whichever version would work?

Regards and thanks,
Gilbert