Re: 2vga cards,but xserver-s3?

On Wed, 25 Dec 2002 14:55:35 +0100
inflo <inflo@xxxxxx> wrote:

> hi,
> i've installed 2 vga-cards who both need the xserver-s3, when i install xserver-s3, apt-get (i'am using debian)also installes the dependencie xserver-common-v3.But this is using the old XF86Config file, where the section "ServerLayout" isn't recognized. that's the error after startx. how can i fix it, i know all settings,but i know i must use xfree4, that i have also installed, but seemed to be not used, when installed xserver-common-v3 (which is version 3.3.6a)?
> thx for help and merry x-mas
> hyksos

problem is that xinerama seems to be in X4.x, so that i need the X3.x version ,i would need to install xinerama in package format??but dont know whether it is right or not?
now i installed 2 vga cards, which drivers are included in X4.x, so yet i have copied my XF86Config-4 and startet gdm, X startet on both monitors but only on one is gdm, and the mouse is also usable only on this monitor? the screen also looks like the VertRefresh or HorizSync rate is wrong, but with a XF86Config only for this monitor with these rates, running very well? so, i only know the "Xinerama" "on" setting, where can i fix my problem?i have X upgraded to testing, but also shows the same?
thx,hyksos